Monday, June 29, 2009
What Bare Minerals Says It Does: Tinted Feather Light Mineral Veil is completely sheer and versatile enough for all skin tones. It provides a soft glow with a hint of warm tint and keeps skin looking photo-fabulous all day long. Light-refracting pearls float over your complexion with weightless transparency for a radiant, delicately ethereal softness. It's a complexion perfectionist. 100% pure bareMinerals offers the ultimate, translucent finishing touch with a hint of warm tint to your makeup. Feather-light, completely sheer, and versatile, it morphs into skin, infusing it with softness and light for a dewy, soft-focus finish. It absorbs excess oil, minimizes the appearance of pores, and keeps skin soft and fresh. So sheer, it works for all skin tones.
What I Say It Does: Overall this is a very nice product to have if you want a soft glow for special events like prom, a wedding, a date or some type of party. I would not recommend it for every day use because it creates such a soft glow that It only makes sense to wear it for special occasions. Like the original it gets rid of oily spots (without making your skin look dry) and it gives a nice tint to my skin but it also creates a heavenly glow. I will stick to the regular tinted mineral veil for everyday use and use the illuminating one for special days. It work for all skin tones and creates a dewy look while getting rid of oil. As far as minimizing pores I did not personally experience that but its still a great product for getting rid of oil. If you love the results you can pickup one from qvc.
Swatches of The Tinted Illuminating Mineral Veil
Tinted Illuminating Mineral Veil Shown Blended Into My Skin ( You can see the soft sparkles that create a glow, the original one contains no sparkles)
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Nail Lacquers: (LE) $11.00USD
- Cool Reserve - Mid-tone grey lavender
- For Fun - Rich purple
- Dance All Night - Brick red
- Rich Dark Delicious - Rich blackened brown
- Dry martini - Khaki olive green
- Beyond Jealous - Blackened blue green
Thursday, June 25, 2009
* Full Body - Deep red plum (Lustre) (LE)
* Hold the Pose - Brown plum with gold pearl (Lustre) (LE)
* Front Lit - Light white yellow (Frost) (LE)
* Lovin It - Cool neutral with yellow undertone (Lustre) (LE)
* High Strung - A deep pink silver (Frost) (Permanent)
* On Display - Purple with yellow pearl (LE)
* New Spirit - Light yellow coral (LE)
* Personal Taste - Mid-tone rose with pink gold pearl (LE)
* Young Thing - Yellow neutral with gold pearl (LE)
Quads: $36.00USD (LE)
* Photorealism - Gold shimmer with gold pearl (Frost)
* Fresh Approach - Cool mint green (Veluxe Pearl)
* Image Maker - Mid-tone grey green (Frost)
* Grey Range - Deep blue green (Veluxe Pearl)
In the Gallery
* Lightfall - Pale pink (Satin)
* Look at the Eyes - Light violet
* In the Gallery - Mid-tone blue pink (Matte)
* Private viewing - Deep brown plum (Matte)
* Skintone 1- Light white pink (Lustre)
* Skintone 2- Mid tone gold (Frost)
* Noteriety - Mid tone brown with gold pearl (Velvet)
* Rich & Earthy - Rich coral bronze (Veluxe Pearl)
Mascara: (Permanent) $12.00USD
* Plushlash Mascara in Plushblack - True black
Powder Blush: $18.00
* The Perfect Cheek - Mid-tone pale pink (Matte) (LE)
* Notable - mid-tone brick brown red (Satin) (LE)
Eye Shadows: $14.50USD
* Crest the Wave - Rich yellow (Frost) (LE) (Repromote from Naughty Nautical's Stowaway quad)
* Off the Page - Mid-tone mustard orange (Frost) (LE)
* Haunting - Light turquoise blue (Satin) (LE) (Repromote from MAC for Alexander McQueen)
* Violet Trance - Deep blue purple (Matte) (LE) (Repromote for Balloonacy's Pandamonium quad)
* Purple Shower - Mid-tone magenta with silver pearl (Satin) (LE) (Repromote from Turquatic)
* Maira's Magic - Yellow pink (Satin) (LE)
Technakohl Liners: $14.50USD
* Full of Fuschia - Deep blue magenta (LE)
* Artistic License - Bright turquoise blue (LE)
* Obviously Orange - Mid-tone coral (LE)
* Colour Matters - Bright lime (LE)
* Graphblack - Rich graphic black (Permanent)
* Brash & Bold - Bright magenta (LE)
* Push the Edge - Deep bright purple with pearl (LE)
* Cocomotion - Dirty gold with olive undertone and gold sparkle (LE) (Repromote from Rushmetal)
* Heritage Rouge - Deep burgundy with red and brown pearl (Permanent) (Pro) (Also a repromote from Overrich)
* Fuschia - Sparkling fuschia (Permanent) (Pro)
* Gold - Sparkling chunky gold (Permanent) (Pro)
* Reflects Rust - Sparkling warm red (Permanent) (Pro)
* Reflects Copper - Sparkling saffron (Permanent) (Pro)
Gloss Texture: $TBD
* Clear (Permanent) (Pro)
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
So what will the lucky winner win? One tinted lipgloss called Buzz, Mac Naked Honey Body Wash and a maybelline coasal mascara. I'll be having my own review and swatches coming up next week so look out for that as well.
The Grand Prize
At The Pussy Cat Dolls Casino It was Super Sexy
My Mom and I
At The Mac Pro Store
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Felix Ray for Target Handbags- handbag style news
How To Get Leighton Meester’s Makeup Look- beauty and fashion news
Summer Dresses and Styles-fashion looks
Blunt Bangs Hairstyles and Hair Trend- image and style news blog
Tips to Help Women Lose Weight- diet tips news
Give Your Hairstyle a Mini Makeover- total beauty
Milla Jovovich Hairstyles-hairstyles 53
MAC Love That Look Collection- addicted to lipstick
Celebrity 2009 Summer Hairstyles- addicted to lipstick
Emma Roberts Shoe Style- real women wear heels
Mia Carruthers Music From Taking The Stage- gossipy girlz
Summer Haircolor Trends for 2009- image and style news
2009 haircut trends- image and style news
Alicia Keys Hairstyles- hairdos 1
How To Keep Your Haircolor From Fading- hairdos 1
Tips for Finding The Best Plus Size Lingerie- real women have curves
Jessica Biel is the New Face of Revlon- fashion devo
Steal The Look Angelina Jolie's Makeup at the Cannes Film Festival- makeup and stilettos
2009 Black Hairstyle Trends for Summer- makeup and stilettos
Wedding Trends : Bridal Veils- woodva weddings
Shu Uemura Eternal Gold Collection- glowing skin care news
2009 Fall Lancome Declaring Indigo Collection- addicted to lipstick
How To Wear One Shoulder Trend Tops and Dresses- style that work for you blog
Nickelodeon's New Show The Troop- teen trends and tips
Ciara Hairstyles and Makeup- trendy hairstyles 4 me
Flower Girl Dresses, Styles and Ideas- wedding 53
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris created the look for Anne Hathaway at the 63rd Annual Tony Awards in New York City last night and we’ve got the inside scoop on the Lancôme products she used. Julie applied Lancôme Modèle Sourcils in Naturel to shape and define her brows. She then applied Lancôme Artliner in Noir to her upper lash line. To make Anne’s eyes pop, Julie coated her lashes with Lancôme Hypnôse mascara to give her lashes extra volume and finish the look.
Anne looked beautiful as she presented wearing a strapless Oscar de la Renta dress
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Eyes: “To really bring out her eyes, I started with Mini Mark-it Stick in Shell all over her lid, then concentrated on the eye colors from the Flip For It Spring Color Kit in Los Angeles on the crease and outside corners. Next, I blended the Winkstick Hook-up Eye Shadow Stick in Demure under her brow bone, then lightly filled in her brows with i-Mark Custom Eye Color in Gioia. Lauren loves to do her own black liquid liner along the upper lash line using On The Edge Hook up in Cleo, keeping the line thin while winging out the outside corners. Since Lauren is a big fan of lashes, I coated her lashes twice on top and bottom with Make It Big Lash Plumping Mascara in Raven.”
Face: “I just dabbed a little Face Xpert Flawless Touch in Natural with the Foundation Brush around her nose and chin. Next I applied Speedway in Natural as a concealer under her eyes with the Concealer Brush. I followed with Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder directly underneath her cheekbones, on her temples, forehead and under her jawline to give her face a California tan. Finally, I applied Good Glowing Mosaic Blush in Hush Baby, starting at the apples of her cheeks then gliding in small circular motions up to her temples.”
Lips: Lauren wore mark Dew Drenched Lip Color in Juicy.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
images from temptalia
Monday, June 8, 2009
Eye Shadows: (All LE, all Starflash formula) $14.00USD/$16.50CDN
* Grand Entrance - Cool apricot beige (Repromote from Starfish
* Dreamaker - Frosty yellow gold (Repromote from Starflash)
* Smoke & Diamonds - Frosty dirty gray taupe (Repromote from Starflash)
* Glamour Check! - Reddish brown (Repromote from Starflash)
* Strike A Pose - Dirty deep sea blue
* Ego - Light yellow pink
* Fashion Groupie - Light, blue violet
* Unbasic White - Snow white
* One-Off - Medium green with silver pearl
* Rated R - Light, yellow green
* Style Snob - Dirty pink brown with gold pearl
* Fashion Light - Gray-green with gold pearl
Pearlglide Liners: (All LE) $14.50USD
* Fly By Blu - Light blue with blue glitter (Repromote from Suite Array)
* Molasses - Brown with mid-tone brown glitter (Repromote from Suite Array)
* Rave - Deep purple with purple glitter (Repromote from Suite Array)
* Black Russian - Black with navy blue glitter (Repromote from Suite Array)
Tow Row : Dreammaker, One-Off,
Bottom Row : Fashion Groupie, Style Snob
The stars came out for the CoverGirl/MTV Movie Awards event at Byron & Tracey Salon, Beauty Junkies Unite was there!
It's 3 Custom Color Specialist Week on The Informed Makeup Maven who writes, interviews and reviews 3CCS. Don't forget to enter IMM's MAC Pack and Diorshow giveaways, and follow IMM on Twitter.
eye4style has the scoop on Sienna Miller's totally gorgeous MTV Movie Awards hair! Get the how-to here.
A Beautified Life reviews Summer Shimmer makeup that helps withstand the summer heat!
Boutique Flair features makeup with wonderful waterproof magic.
Meilily is giving away an eyeQuatic waterproof summer makeup set from tarte!
Beauty Anonymous reviews La Mer The SPF30 UV Protecting Fluid.
Celebrate Shawn Johnson's win on Dancing with the Stars... click here to enter to win a makeup bag full of her favorite goodies over at Beauty in Real Life.
Fabulous Over Forty discusses mens skincare needs and products.
Beautè Noire discovered the perfect anti-oxidant and moisture-rich SPF body lotion for summer!
Beauty Banter gives you the EXCLUSIVE step-by-step with top celeb stylist for creating spring's hottest hair 'do: the messy ballerina bun. Includes images of each step!
Neon Bible tries out the best. moisturizer. ever. And guess what? It's cheap, too!
Addicted to Lipstick shows us How to Depot MAC Eyeshadows and Make Your Own Eyeshadow Palette using a candle.
Image and Style News Dishes on the Hottest Makeup and Hairstyles at the 2009 Mtv Movie Awards.
Maria at Beauty Is Within highlights a natural skin care company that gives back to the community.
It's almost summer.... time to wear those fun and fearless nail shades...Barielle has a unique line of colors that will last all summer long--"Driven" is my fave! Time to choose yours!!.
Enter for a chance to win one of two Men's Essential Kits by The Skin by Monica Olsen over at The Makeup Divas, but hurry contest ends soon!
Kyle at Face CandyBuff'd Cosmetics Mineral Foundation.
Alison aka. "Advice Sister Alison" of the Advice Sisterswas inspired by the ballerinas she saw at the American Ballet Theater and shows you how to make a ballet bun..
LA Pretty is giving away Redken's brand new overnight treatment to two lucky readers. Get the all the details here.
Monique at Beauty Girl Musings reviews Caudalie Premieres Vendages Moisturizing Cream, an antioxidant-rich moisturizer that works for all skin types!
Lipgloss Break has 2 great giveaways this week - Enter to win KISS Everlasting French Nail Kits and David Babaii WildAid Shampoo & Conditioner!
Butterflydiary gives you the rich, mysterious looks of YSL's Fall Palettealready!
Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog reviews Prescriptives' NEW mineral makeup.
My Makeup Blog did a prom makeover for one reader!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Celebrity 2009 Summer Hairstyles
Boho Braids and Twists
Tight Buns and Sleek Ponytails
Celebrity Summer Styles To Try
images from bellasugar