Tuesday, October 28, 2008
For the Glamour Girl: Eye Palettes
1. Velvet Plum Eye Pallet ($45) - The perfect day-to-night palette with everything you need to create two different eye looks. Includes a dual-ended Mini Eye Shadow with Eye Liner Brush for a professional application. The pallet includes four different shades: bone, naked, metallic plum and espresso.
2. Moon Rock Long-Wear Eye Palette ($55) - This celestial-inspired palette includes two NEW and exclusive Long-Wear Cream Shadows - the warm Gold Drop and the steely Mineral Dust - to impart a pretty shimmer to lids, Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners in Espresso Ink and the NEW, exclusive Black Topaz to beautifully define eyes.
3. Night Sky Long-Wear Eye Palette ($55)-These cool, dramatic hues add instant drama to your eye makeup look. Try highlighting the NEW and exclusive Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Ocean Storm with the NEW and exclusive Rockstar, or wear each shade on its own. Trace your lash line with the classic Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black, or try the NEW, exclusive Thunder Storm, an ever-so-slightly softer alternative to basic Black.
For the Frequent Flyer: Make your lip gloss POP
1. Lip Gloss Trio ($45) - Bobbi's Lip Gloss Trio returns this season - and it is better than ever. Tucked inside a golden copper faux-leather case you will find three beautiful shades of gloss: a medium, golden pink; pale glittering pink; and pink beige with golden shimmer. Each of the shades flatters many complexions, so this set is sure to be a gift-giving favorite.
2. Tube Tints Set ($30) - Good things come in small packages. Our signature Tube Tints Set includes Lip Tint SPF 15 and Shimmer Lip Tint SPF 15 in four shades that flatter all complexions. Sheer formulas give lips a tint of color with subtle shine, and feel lightweight and comfortable.
For the Multi-Tasker: Two in one Palettes
1. Lip & Eye Palette ($60) - Now you can apply your lip and eye make-up in one sitting with this two and one palette. This season it is all about adding a special touch to your look. This limited edition, double-decker palette includes new and exclusive shades of high-shimmer Metallic Eye Shadow and comfortable, longwearing Creamy Lip Color. Comes with a Mini Eye Shadow Brush and Mini Lip Brush with cap.
2. Basic Lip Palette ($45) - Tailor-made for the lipstick and lip-gloss lover. This sleek mirrored palette features a universally flattering combination of high shine glosses and lipsticks. Each of the shades can be worn alone or mixed together for a personalized look.
3. Basic Eye Palette ($45) - The ideal starter set for a makeup novice — and a great travel kit for the makeup lover. This slim palette features four shadows that flatter all complexions: an allover base shade, two shades for the lower lid and crease, and a liner shade. Includes a dual-ended Mini Eye Shadow/Eye Liner Brush for easy application.
Copper Diamond- MY FAV
1. Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Compact ($40) - Sparkle this season with Bobbi's NEW Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Compact. Five gorgeous shades — candlelight, gold, copper, beige and sand — work together to give skin a warm golden copper glow. The newly designed compact features a faux-leather inset and a metallic copper finish that is as beautiful to look at as it is to use.
2. Glitter Lip Balm ($19) – the limited edition Glitter Lip Balm is fun, gorgeous and good for lips too. It offers all the benefits of our popular Lip Balm - it is moisturizing and comforting - and is infused with a flattering, light-reflecting mix of pearl and glitter pigments that makes lips glisten. Comes in a convenient mirrored flip top compact.
3. Everything/Lash Glamour Mascara Duo ($28) - A must-have for anyone who loves the look and drama of false lashes. This limited edition, dual-ended mascara features best-selling Everything Mascara to lengthen, thicken, define lashes, and waterproof Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara to super-lengthen, define, and curl lashes.
The Party Collection
1. Metallic Eye Shadow ($20) - Awarded 'Best Eye Shadow' by "Self" Magazine (2008). Metallic Eye Shadows are now available in a broad range of pastel to bold shades. This high-shimmer, high-pigment formula applies smoothly and evenly and stays crease free for long-lasting wear.
2. Glitter Lip Gloss ($19) - Add a festive touch to your look this season with Bobbi's NEW, limited-edition shades of Glitter Lip Gloss, featured in the Party Collection. Infused with light-reflecting flecks of glitter, this gloss gives lips a high-shine and high shimmer look that is perfect for any party and evening soiree. Take your pick from six fun and luscious shades.
Ole Henriksen Purifying Eye Make-up Remover Review. Let me just start off by saying if you wear a ton of eye makeup or even a little bit of eye makeup its important that you remove all traces off it from your eyes at the end of the day. This decreases premature aging and dark circles from forming under your eyes. Recently about two months ago I really started wearing eye makeup because it just adds so much more beauty overall to my face. I have very round checks and playing up my eyes instead of my checks in my opinion has made me more attractive. Anyway so I've been on the search for a good eye makeup remover since waking up with raccoon eyes is not cool at any age.
Luckily last weekend Sephora was celebrating it's 10th birthday and I was lured in the store with cake and cupcakes to celebrate. After I had my special treat I remebered this little beauty the Ole Henriksen Purifying Eye Make-up Remover.
What Ole Henriksen Says It Does:
Removing eye makeup has never been so easy and more comfortable. Each pad is 100% oil-free and saturated with a soothing blend of extracts and vitamins. Even the most stubborn makeup glides off easily, leaving the eye feeling clean and extremely soft without a greasy residue. Safe for contact wearers.
What I Say It Does: The little baby costs around 25 dollars and its worth every penny. I love the fact that it removes ever since trace of my eye makeup no matter how heavy it has been applied. I also no longer have to wake up with raccoon eyes:) One other thing that I love is if you get some of the pad into or on your eye it doesn't burn or sting. Its the best eye makeup mover known to man period. So if you wear eye makeup this is a must have!
*In the month of October, Ole Henriksen will donate 5% from every Purifying Eye Make-up Remover sold to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Check out the compact the eyshadows are in, covered in red and jewels, its enough for any girl to feel the pasion of red. She-devil-sexy serpent-print embossed colour compacts to covet in five shades of passion – if passion is red, then red is passion. Bewitchingly bejewelled. Passions of Red is not only elegant with it's packaging, you know the shadows and lip colors are the real gems. In a word: beautiful. MAC Holiday 2008 Passions of Red delivers pure Holiday splendor.
Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes $38.00
Young Thing Light creamy peach
In Awe Intense black with gold pearl
Fall Deeply Frosty bright blue with white pearl
Amourously Frosty antique gold
Sweet Eyes Shimmery muted golden beige
Awaken Frosty light green with golden pearl
Intriguing Scarlet: 6 Warm Eyes $38.00
Warm Suede Frosty antiqued golden olive
Grand Entrance Dirty deep green with green pearl
Real Drama Dirty burgundy with red pearl
Gentle Heat Light muted grey taupe
Well Spiced Frosted warm peachy brown
Sweet Joy Frosted creamy pale gold
Infatuating Rose: 6 Cool Eyes $38.00
Platonic Frosty greyed perwinkle
Cavort Cool dirty lavender orchid
Satisfy Slightly shimmery pale ballet pink
Bonfete Frosty neutral mid-tone pink
Deep Feelings dirty deep violet indigo
Feast Frosty pink plum
Fascinating Ruby: 6 Smoky Eyes $38.00
Scant Creamy white with pink pearl
Satin Taupe taupe brown with silvery bronze shimmer
Dark Devotion Black brown
Gorgeous Light silver with white pearl
Ambience Cool mid-tone grey with silver sparkle
Devoted Poppy: 3 Coral Lips $22.50
LIPSTICK Devoted Sheer mid-tone coral with subtle pearl and Soft Talk Sheer bright reddish-coral with pearl
LIPGLASS Transparent Love Glossy apricot with golden red pearl
Intriguing Scarlet: 3 Cool Pink Lips $22.50
LIPSTICK Make Me Melt Frosty muted mid-tone pink and Overjoyed Sheer yellow pink with pearl
LIPGLOSS Sheer Vision Glossy soft baby pink with multi-dimensional pearl
Fascinating Ruby: 3 Plum Lips $22.50
LIPSTICK Marvel Sheer pink plum with subtle pearl and Insinuate Sheer purple plum with gold pearl
LIPGLASS Mutual Attraction Glossy mid-tone plum with multi-dimensional pearl
Everything in the collection
Little Darlings: 5 Coral Lipglass/Lustreglass
- Lipglass Underage, Ola Mango!, Pink Grapefruit
- Lustreglass Wonderstruck, Budding
Little Darlings: 5 Pink Lipglass/Lustreglass
- Lipglass Fleur Delight, Song And Dance, Magnetique
- Lustreglass Flashmode, Little VI
Little Darlings: 5 Neutral Lipglass/Lustreglass
- Lipglass C-Thru, Mouthwatering, Languish
- Lustreglass Love Nectar, Beaux Suggested Retail Price
Little Darlings: 5 Warm Pigments/Glitter
- Pigments Gold Dusk, Gold Mode, Melon, Gold Stroke
- Glitter Reflects Antique
Little Darlings: 5 Cool Pigments/Glitter
- Pigments Frost, Quietly, Pinked Mauve, Teal
- Glitter Reflects Blackened Red
Little Darlings: 5 Softsparkle/Eye Pencil
- Black Funk, Fab Orchid Softsparkle Peacocked, Mint & Olive, Chocolight
Here's What's In the collection.. I already own the Super Orgasm Blush from Sephora it is a must have for the holidays!
- Jolie Poupee Duo Eyeshadow Vibrant violet/pearlescent purple ($32.00)
- Night Life Single Eyeshadow Silver with silver particles ($21.00)
- Silent Night Single Eyeshadow Metallic with gold particles ($22.00)
- Super Orgasm Blush Peachy pink with gold glitter ($25.00)
- Canaille Lipstick Shimmering mahogany ($24.00 )
- All Night Long Lip Gloss Dusty Raspberry ($24.00)
- Orgasm Nail Polish Peachy pink with gold shimmer ($16.00)
Nail Polish Trends for Winter 2008 and 2009. The hottest nail polish colors for winter 2008 and 2009. Among the hottest and trendest colors for this winter season are glittery, sparkly, and very girly. Its all about sparkle this winter and one of my favorite hues is from the Nars 2008 holiday collection. Which is my opinion is a must have.
Nail Ploish Color from Nars 2008 Holiday Collection
Here are other popular colors for nail polish for this winter...
- Purples, Eggplant, Aubergine
- Dark Reds, Burgundy, Bordeaux
- Gray, Grey, Concrete, Steel
- Browns, Chocolates, Espresso
- Metallics and Glittery Polishes in Dark Color
Speaking of showing off your cheekbones other styles such as the low ponytail, the chignon, messy buns and the 70's style headband are all hot styles. More and more people are showing off their facial features with these hot trends which means your eyebrows should be well groomed and makeup should be kept natural while playing up both your lips and eyes and playing down the blush and other heavy makeup. Keep in mind that the headband is one of the most popular hair goodies this season, so if you have a bad hair day or you just want to change up your look try a headband. Hot styles in headbands include bows, feathers, lace and flowers.
Hot Looks for Fall 2008 Hairstyles
Written By: Fashionprincess
Pictures from Allure.com
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Mac Sheer Minerals Collection. Mac Sheer Minerals collection is designed to give you a flawless natural finish. I love mineral makeup and Mac is among the top cosmetic lines to give you a radiant complexion. I'm so excited about this line and I have already purchase two of the products and they look wonderful on my skin.
Mineralized SPF15 Foundation - Loose $29.00USD
- Light Medium
- Medium Plus
- Medium Dark
- Medium Deep
- Deep Dark
- Deeper Dark
A sheer, loose mineral powder that gives a luminous glow to the face. The natural micro-fine mineral highlights the complexion and helps minimize the appearance of flaws on the skin. 3.4g/0.12 US OZ
- Sheerbronze - Soft bronze with gold pearlized pigments (Frost) LE
- Lucent - Faded mid-tone pink with pink and white pearlized pigments (Frost) LE
- Silver Aura - Muted pinky beige with silver shimmer (Frost) LE (Will not be released in Asia)
- Soft and Gentle - Gilded peach bronze (New and permanent)
- So Ceylon - Rose bronze with golden bronze veining (Repromote from High Tea)
- Petticoat - Pale rose with gold and amber veining (Repromote from Lingerie)
- #181 - Mini Kabuki Brush - Compact-sized buffer brush with a dome-shaped, natural bristle head. Feels luxuriously soft on the skin. Deposits blush, flawlessly blends to provide a soft, even distribution of colour. Ideal for all powder products. The perfect size for your everyday makeup kit. (LE) - $30.00USD
- #182 - Kabuki Brush - A full, dome-shaped brush of extra soft goat hair. Specially created to flawlessly blend powder onto the skin for an immaculate polished finish. Excellent for all M·A·C powders and pigments. (Repromote) - $45.00USD
Mac is really going big with this mineral line and I'm so excited they even have a new section on the website for only the minerlize line including blushes, foundation, eyeshadows and more. Make sure you hope on over to Mac and check it out.
Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Mascara Review. The Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Mascara is one of the newest mascara's on the market. We've all seen the commercials and I'd been dying to try it until finally I bought some from Walgreens along with a bunch of other stuff but that's another blog another day:)Here's the scoop
What Maybelline Says It Does: Creates 9X the volume, instantly.
- Patented MegaBrush + Collagen Formula plump lashes one by one
- Dramatic Volume with no clumps
October Makeup Look of the Month. Leighton Meester wins our October makeup look of the month. As the star on Gossip Girl Leighton plays Blair, and on camera and off this young starlet's style and beauty is worth talking about. Her makeup this month showed on the left showcases the beautiful fall makeup trends that can give you that glowing natural complexion. This orange and red lipcolor is to die for and can be such a hard color to pull off but Leighton makes it look natural and effortless. Overall her cheeks are glowing a natural hue eyebrows are natural and full and she looks like a flawless beauty.
Monday, October 20, 2008
I have great news for the readers at addicted to lipstick we have a very new writer for bringing you the latest info on beauty, reviews and everything to keep you looking your best. Her name is Jasmine and she’s someone you’ll be getting to know..
Hi, my name is Jasmine and I am a 22-year-old student from Chicago. My sole focus is media relations and journalism. My dream is to be editor-in-chief of my own magazine for teenage girls of color. Writing has played a huge part in my life for quite some time now; it is the one thing that truly makes me happy. I do, however have an array of other interests that stem from the arts to government affairs. Those close to me know me as the one with the motherly spirit and the big heart. Aside from that my weakness is shopping and I always have the best “arm candy: I have a lot of dreams and aspirations and I believe that I am not the prototype but the makings of the real deal and I’m going to live out my dreams. I pray I bring something special to the site. So, turn off the TV and work on what you love. Remember that God is love. Love, J.Chelle
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since there are now two writers You’ll see post by me (Fashionprincess) or by Jasmine (jchellem).
If you would love to be a writer for Addicted To Lipstick please contact us at email@example.com
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
2008 Best of Sephora Winners. One of my favorite places to buy everything beauty is at Sephora. So I'm very excited to announce all of the 2008 Best of Sephora Winners. Here's a complete list of the winners and if you have a favorite that you think should be on the list but isn't please feel free to leave your favorite products in the comments. I'll be doing a ton of reviews on these products and will soon put together my list of ultimate favs towards the end of the year.
BEAUTY ADDICT’S FAVORITE
* Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips ($18) – This mineral-infused lip polish imparts a high shine without feeling sticky. An infusion of antioxidant vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are plumping.
CULT FAVORITE MUST- HAVE
* Urban Decay Primer Potion ($16) – A necessity in any beauty guru’s arsenal, this eyelid primer keeps shadow from doing a disappearing act. Keeps shadow from smudging or creasing all day and night.
BIGGEST BEAUTY BREAKTHROUGH
O-GLOSS Intuitive Lip Gloss With Goji Berry-C Complex™ ($22) –
BEST NATURAL WONDER
Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk ($12 – $18) – This lightweight hair lotion is made with essential oil of lemongrass to stimulate natural oil production and hydrate strands. Infused with a splash of lily of the valley fragrance in a rich base of oils, shea butter, cocoa butter, and vitamins E and C, Hair Milk is ideal for defining natural curls and giving hair shine and bounce.
* Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face ($18) – This miracle concealer covers dark circles and skin imperfections for a truly flawless complexion.
* Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation ($25) – Swirl, Tap, Buff! Made of only pure, crushed minerals from the earth, bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation looks like a powder, feels like a cream and buffs on like silk providing a natural luminosity and feels as if you are not wearing any makeup at all.
* Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19) – For the ultimate, translucent “finishing touch” to your makeup, Mineral Veil melts into your skin, infusing it with softness and light as it gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of lines and pores.
* Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36- $42) – Create the perfect canvas for your makeup. This silky primer smoothes and perfects skin as it fills in fine lines and pores.
Best Tinted Moisturizer
* Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42) – Get glowing with this sheer, lightweight moisturizer which contains SPF 20 sunscreen and a hint of color for radiant looking skin.
* Smashbox Cream Eyeliner ($22) – Smashbox’s signature cream liner goes on best with a brush, for a beautiful, smudge proof lash line.
* Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio ($28) – These versatile, perfectly coordinated shadow trios take the guesswork out of the picture-perfect, three-color eye.
* Dior DiorShow Mascara ($23) – Lash-out with this super volumizing, lengthening, and curling mascara that promise bat-worthy eyes.
Best Lip Gloss
* Nars Lip Gloss ($23) – Gloss on and on. This highly pigmented lip color goes on smoothly for pout-popping shine.
* Nars Lipstick ($23) – Enriched with vitamin E, this lipstick promises satin-looking lips with color that stays true.
* Nars Blush ($25) – Dust cheeks with translucent and natural shades for the perfect flush.
* Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Powder Collection ($28) – For a sun-kissed, goddess style glow, try one of these radiant powders.
Best Eye Treatment
* Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream ($59) – Go easy on the eyes with this gentle, non-irritating formula that works to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve the tone and texture around the delicate area.
Best Face Cleanser
* Philosophy Purity Made Simple ($10-$32) – This high-powered, one-step facial cleanser rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup for a deep clean that leaves skin feeling radiant and refreshed.
Best Face Moisturizer
* Philosophy Hope in a Jar ($15- $38) – There’s always hope for healthy, radiant skin. This therapeutic daily facial moisturizer creates a rosy, glowing complexion.
Best Skin Savior
* Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask ($52) – Perfect for anyone whose complexion is looking lackluster, this burst of oxygen delivers the vitamins needed to bring skin back to life.
Best Zit Zapper
* Bare Escentuals RareMinerals™ Blemish Therapy ($28) – This treatment combines the non-irritating, exfoliating properties of 100% pure RareMinerals™ concentrate with the acne-fighting benefits of natural sulfur to treat acne and blemishes while preventing future breakouts from forming. Perfect for all skin types.
BEST BATH & BODY
Best Body Cleanser
* Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel ($22) – Bath at its best. This three-in-one bath, shampoo, and shower gel is scented with the lovely Grace fragrance.
Best Body Moisturizer
* Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion ($34- $41) – A toning body moisturizer that helps to purify, moisturize, and revitalize dry and aged skin with a unique blend of antioxidants and vitamins E and C.
Best Tress Refresher
* Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleanser ($10 - $24) – This cleanser instantly “erases” impurities, toxins, excess oil, and product build-up, while increasing hair volume at the root and treating the hair and scalp.
Best Tress Tamer
* Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Cream ($20 - $27.50) – A leave in cream that boosts shine and repairs styling damage, while shielding hair from UV rays.
* Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ ($33) – Highly nourishing, this cream formula provides defense against powerful UVA/UVB rays and is formulated with the retexturizing ingredient Xylitol to keep skin looking soft and healthy.
Best Fragrance For Her
* Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ($30 - $80) – A stunning perfume with the liveliness of Sicilian citron, the happiness of Granny Smith apple, the spontaneity of bluebells, the intensity of jasmine, the freshness of bamboo, the charm of white rose, the character of cedar wood, the fullness of amber, and the embrace of musk. < -the best smell, forever! Brigitte smells like this! hahaha!
Best Fragrance For Him
* Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme ($16-$67.50) – A resolutely masculine fragrance born from the sea, the sun, the earth, and the breeze of a Mediterranean island.
* Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($19) – The mother of all eyelash curlers, this iconic beauty tool delivers the perfect curl with the ultimate precision.
Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer Review. If you're looking for the perfect concealer to cover all your flaws this is your answer. You can thank the heavens above because this baby covers everything. Honestly it has taken me so long to find a good concealer and this one the name literally says it all. There's one other really good concealer that I will be recommending later but this is one of the best out there.
What Amazing Cosmetics Says It Does:
The AmazingConcealer is formulated to erase all skin imperfections: Dark circles, broken capillaries, sun damage, blemishes, redness and more. There's nothing on the market today that can compare to the AmazingConcealer and it's ability to erase all skin imperfections. Unlike traditional concealers, the AmazingConcealer is so concentrated, you only need to use tiny pin-dot amounts of product to create the skin you've always wanted but thought you could never have. A beauty insider's favorite, the AmazingConcealer is your "magic eraser."
What I Say It Does:
I have a really weird line on my nose. I have no idea where it came from.. my mom says it because I wore nose plugs while swimming but that's another story. Till this day it remains a mystery but anyhoo I've tried so many different concealers to try to cover the line. Most settle into it mid day and some just wear off but this covers beautifully. Giving the flawless finish as it never was there. If you have something you want to cover up, acne, dark circles, scars this is the product to try.
"Red" She Said Mac Collection. "Red" She Said is one of the newest collections from Mac. Let me just start by saying the eye shadows ( Mineralize Eye Shadow trios ) are so gorgeous for this collections. I already ordered two and can't wait to show you how great they look.
The theme of the collection is red of course and the glamour behind retro startlet and the allure of Hollywood glamour. Everyone looks great in red hues so the collection is brilliant. From the Mac Site "The retro-starlet allure of Hollywood glamour, with a modern twist. A season where lips connive, then confess in shades of provocative holiday reds. Party season and passions flare! "Red" She Said, and no one could resist her... "
Yearning to get this collection yet? The lipsticks and liglosses for this line is brilliant of course and if you can't wait to purchase these products hop on over to the mac website and order your favs. I'll be doing some reviews and demos on this line very soon...
Managing Short Hair Styles. Short hair is by far the most popular hairstyle of the season this year. From the pixie boy cut to the bob women are eager to create less stress and chop off their tresses. Although, short hair may seem like it is a breeze there is a lot of hair maintenance if not more than having longer hair. Recently, cutting my hair into a boy cut pixie I soon learned how much care there is into making sure my hair stays in immaculate condition.
1. Washing your hair weekly is very necessary. Reason being is because your scalp is exposed to more pollutants and irritants.
2. Make sure you do not use any hair products that contain alcohol because that will dry your out and eventually cause massive breakage. There is nothing worse than short, unhealthy hair!
3. For women of color get the back of your neck lined as often as it grows. This will keep the hair looking fresh whether it is styled or not.
4. Hair should be conditioned regularly to insure the hair stays moisturized and healthy especially if your hair is colored or straightened.
5. Have fun with it! Ask your hairdresser to try new things! Rock the short hair; you will never have looked better!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
L’oreal HIP jelly balm review. What is a girl’s best friend next to her great bff? Lip-gloss! Always anxious to try new glosses the new L’oreal HIP Jelly Balm caught my eye immediately. The L’oreal HIP line is already one of my favorites because it plays off every woman’s skin pigmentation perfectly.
The color I choose was Delectable, which is a light red color that looks great on anyone. There are also six different color options. This jelly balm is a great treat because it is light, it conditions your lips, it has a great sheer look and gives you that intense look you were going for. It is also a great look if you are trying to give your face a little extra jazz and you cannot find the extra time to do your make-up. A little of the jelly balm and you are good to go.
The downside of the balm however, is that it comes off easily, whether you are drinking from a cup or lightly wiping your lips. I would not recommend this product if you were participating in a lot of vigorous activity. The good news is everyone will know that your boyfriend is off the market when everyone notices the New L’oreal HIP Jelly Balm all over him! That is why I make sure I make sure I never leave home with out it!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Review. First let me just start off by saying that Anastasia is known for their brow products. I've tried a couple of them and some of them were a big let down. I like my brows to look a certain way and sometimes Anastasia just wasn't doing it's job. Some of them however were like major for my eyebrows and have quickly become my new best friend.
What Anastasia Brow Powder Says It Does For Your Brows:
Create beautiful, natural brow effects with this two-shade compact. The smudge-resistant formula is enriched with antioxidant vitamins and emollients to condition brows.
What I say Anastasia Brow Powder Does For You Brows: I love love this powder. They give you two colors but I actually find that all I need is one. It looks natural and stays put all day long. When I'm working out it lasts yet it comes off easily at night. It looks natural and feels great on my brows. If you're looking for a new eyebrow powder this is the one to try. I'm sorry I don't have a new picture of me wearing the powder but if you look under some of my old pictures you can see an example of me wearing it. Plus my video how to fill in my brows also has a demo of me using it.
Watch my video for more exciting beauty news!!
What Nars The Multiple Says It Does:
Nars The Multiple is the original all-in-one, cream-to-powder, multi-purpose makeup stick. With fingertip application, The Multiple highlights, sculpts, and warms eyes, cheeks, lips, and body in an array of shades from sheer accents to mauve and bronze.
What I Say The Nars Multiple Does: Overall it's really a great product. If you have dry or normal skin it can really brighten up your face and give you a healthy glow. I've found so many uses for this product and I'm in love with it. It's soft, creamy, blends well into your skin and lasts a pretty long time. If you oily skin but you still want to use it I suggest using it over a powder or under a powder for more staying power. It's also really easy for touch ups if you're on the go stick it in your purse and bring it along with you.
What I Wear In The Video
The Multiple $37 Colors In Malibu (pinkish brown) and South Beach (shimmering apricot)
Watch My Video for More Tips
How to Fill In Your Eyebrows. Learning how to fill in your brows is easy and it's important because eyebrows can sculpt your face and bring out your best features if they are done correctly. Make sure before filling in your eyebrows that they are waxed to frame your perfect eyebrow shape. You can pluck any stray hairs that you may have for a more flattering look.
When selecting a eyebrow color always choose one that matches the color of your hair or is one to two shades lighter than your hair. This will gives your eyebrows a more natural look. To fill in your brows use a angled brush, and brow powder for natural looking results.
Watch my 3 Part video for more tips and a demo of how I fill in my eyebrows.
What I used In the Video Anastasia Brow Powder Duo $22 In Brunette (dark warm brown) Laura Mercier Brow Definer in Warm $20